Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Wii be fit

Can I just say how much I love the Wii Fit Plus? L. and I were over at my parent's house a little over a week ago for my family birthday party, and they had just gotten the Wii Fit Plus. We gave it a try and had a blast. So, we went out the next day and acquired the necessary equipment. We promptly created our Miis - they're so cute! We've been loving the workouts, and I like that we do it together. They're fun and some more challenging than others. I like the variety, and it's nice that there's a mix of serious training for the yoga and strength exercises, and random fun stuff for the aerobics and balance exercises. Tonight L. and I both achieved the same Wii fit age, one year younger than I currently am :)

I've been perusing Amazon to see what other games we can use with the Balance Board, and keep things fun and challenging. It looks like there are many games that just use the regular controller and the nunchuck, too, so there are lots of options. I can't believe we didn't get one of these before!!!

Also, as a nod to my youth, I picked up the Super Mario Bros Wii game. I never had a Nintendo growing up. In our family, we always had the underdog things, like Beta and Sega, so I only ever got to play Mario when I went to a friend's house or the like. Last night I got through the first round and beat Bowser in the first castle. It's so much fun, and with the addition of things like Yoshi and other characters later on (which I had never played with before), it's really a trip. Here I am, a 32 year old woman, loving video games again. Well done Nintendo - the Wii is both fun and active!

No comments: