Monday, June 22, 2009

Grief

Grief definitely works in mysterious ways. This weekend has been a series of ups and downs with some in-between moments. I slept 14 hours Friday night, and woke up feeling a bit better. Being exhausted always makes things just that much worse. I spent most of my time either working out in the yard or cleaning the house. Doesn't sound too exciting, but when there is chaos I like to try and create order, which is exactly what I did this weekend.

The thing that just floors me, though, is how random grief is. You can be going along and think that things are going OK again, and then BAM! Grief sneaks back up on you in the strangest moments and reminds you that you've still got some things to work through. Earlier tonight I was doing alright, and then I went upstairs to take a shower and for some reason grief just overcame me for no particular reason. So, I had a good cry in the shower and then got out feeling a bit better again. Who knows what tomorrow will bring. I'll be heading back to work, and hopefully it will go better than my attempt on Friday, which led to nowhere fast.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Grief is still sneaking-up on me... 3 months later. It's strange, but in a way, I welcome it, because it reminds me of the bond I had with my Gramma. Though when I'm at work, and I start to ball "out of the blue," my co-workers can't figure out why, because my Gramma passed away 3 months ago, I should be over it by now. Well, I'm not "over it." Let yourself feel what you're going to feel! Take it easy on yourself! It's a weird feeling to have to be in the wrold that's kept on spinning while you've kinda slowed down or stopped to grieve. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers! Know that I'm here for you!! --S. from OH.