Monday, April 13, 2009

Alt, Ctrl, Delete

Today is my alt+ctrl+delete day, the day where I restart my diet and exercise regimen. I gained back 25 of the 45 pounds that I lost on 20/20, and it's very frustrating in part because a lot of it was due to how sick I've been and other various health problems which really kicked me off of the exercise bandwagon. But I also haven't been eating as well or paying as much attention to measuring and portions, so there's some personal blame to go into that, too.

But last week was a fairly stable health week with the exception of almost throwing my back out after gardening for hours on end for several days, and not really listening to that little twitch in my back earlier in the week when it started warning me that it was not happy. In any case, I decided that today would be the day that I get serious again and make up some lost ground. So, I started at stage 2 of the 20/20 diet process (lean proteins, protein shakes, and non-starchy veggies). Plus drinking tons of water and exercising. I got on the elliptical tonight and did some situps, so I'm sure that I'll feel some of that tomorrow. I started to do some push ups, but my elbow was really hurting, for some unknown reason. I have no idea what's up with that, but I decided not to push it too much (no pun intended), so I stuck with 5 and will see how it feels tomorrow.

So, here we go again. I feel like I've been on this ride before...

2 comments:

Author said...

"Regimen."

Call it your ctrl+alt+fuck-shit-up day, and you'll be more pumped up to make it happen. :)

Rootin' for ya...

ar_kay_tee said...

Thanks! So far it has resulted in a migraine today. So, I suppose the best part of that is that I haven't even felt like eating. Whee! Back on again tomorrow with the exercise.