Thursday, February 26, 2009

Snow, redux

We are being covered by snow...again. I cannot even begin to explain how much I hate snow by now. We have had so much this winter, and the first couple days are always charming. You sit inside with your cup of tea and look outside at the white blanket that covers your yard. Life slows down a little bit and you get some things done around the house, because there's really no use in going out and either getting stuck in the snow yourself, or watching other dingbats get stuck. By about day three, it's starting to get old and you get cabin fever. Any longer than that, and you'd better have a significant other who is capable of driving in the snow and likewise has a dependable vehicle for driving in the snow.

Didn't anyone tell the weather system that this is Seattle? Move along now... The weather report shows that this is supposed to subside later today, so hopefully that's true and it won't be sticking around. With L. in Brazil, I am without a snow chauffer today and I have a hair appointment this evening that I simply cannot miss or I'm going to go all Britney on my hair. You know, not because my life is a mess, but because I feel like I have a mop on my head and have lost the ability to do anything meaningful with it by now.

No comments: