Thursday, February 19, 2009

I feel like I'm repeating myself

Probably because I actually am, in a way. I'm either still sick or sick again. I'm not really sure which it is. See, the flu/cold thing that was going on the last couple of weeks never entirely went away. I've had a sore throat in some form for almost two weeks now, whether it be the feeling of having had razor blades run down my throat or just annoying irritation from post nasal drip. Things were definitely looking up until late last night/earlier today. So far, I've heard from several people who have been dealing with a similar thing, so I know I just need to let it run its course. But my gawd this is annoying as hell. I'd like to resume some kind of normal existence. And waking up early this morning with a totally stuffed head and sore throat again was certainly not charming. I've got to avoid antibiotics at all costs, though, because I'm running out of ones that don't cause an allergic reaction and I'm only 30 years old. If I want to make it to 90 like my grandfather is (this year in fact), I can't be running out of antibiotic options when it really matters. So, suffer through this I will!

I garnered up enough energy to throw on some sweat pants and head to Fred Meyers to pick up some more cold medicine, crackers, and ginger ale this afternoon, since I've depleted my supplies and honestly wasn't expecting to get sick again right away. I'm sure I looked really great running around the store like a zombie, but I found my stuff and checked out. Normally this is the kind of thing that L. would do for me, but Brazil is pretty far away from the Fred Meyers and our house. But I'm all set now and ready to curl up in my blanket and try to get my dog to understand that mama has no energy to chase him around the house with his toys tonight.

No comments: