Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Life update

It's time for another life update, because I find that I just can't keep track of who I've told what to these days.

First, I'm all off of the antidepressants, and so far it's going well. I met with my counselor last week and we had a good discussion about it all. I think that mentally I'm in a pretty good place right now, and after the initial side effects of going off of the medications, I was doing better until...

...the latest health problem has just been this horrible cold, which is the worst I have had in a long time. I think part of the problem is that I was on prednisone (twice) for the allergic reaction I had to antibiotics, so my immune system was way down due to that. So, there was no combatting the germs going around in my office, and now it's just taking me a long time to actually get better. It's so frustrating. Sometimes I wonder how I'm actually supposed to keep going with the weight loss when all of these health problems keep coming up over and over again. The combination of prednisone, plus rash, plus cold has resulted in so little activity over the last few months that I'm going to have to work really hard to even get back to where I was after finishing the 20/20 program. I lost a total of 46 pounds at that time. From what I could tell last time I weighed in, I'd maintained 32 pounds of that. Baaa! It takes so little time for something to upset the apple cart. But my main desire right now would be to just get my immune system back up and running a bit, and work some more activity into my life. We bought a nice elliptical machine and it was delivered last week right as I got so sick. And next month I plan to get a small set of dumbells and free weights to do some things at my house.

Oli is doing well and learning a lot. He had his last round of puppy shots last week and his first haircut (of which I posted pictures). Unfortunately, he still has the giardia infection going on, so we're trying a different medicine for him. It's hard to tell whether he got rid of the infection and just got infected again, or whether it just never cleared up last time. Giardia is tricky. But he's a really good dog, and we have a lot of fun with him. L. took him to puppy class on his own tonight because I was sick, and he came back with glowing reports. He said that Oli is doing well with all of his new things and accomplished all of his tasks.

But the biggest news is that L. is going to Brazil for somewhere between one and three months. He leaves next Monday to work on an aircraft program down there. We're both sad about his leaving, but it is a good thing considering the state of things at his company and with the economy right now. We're trying to avoid layoffs at all costs. There was talk of layoffs at our company, too, but it looks like it doesn't affect our group, at least for the meantime. I hope that continues to hold out. L. will be coming back for about a week in mid March, so I'm sure that we'll retreat into our own little world while he's back.

So, that's where things are at right now. I feel the NyQuil kicking in now, so it's time for me to get ready for bed. Sleep tight...

No comments: