Thursday, January 15, 2009

Well, I wasn't expecting this

So, as I wrote in my last post, I've gone off of my antidepressants due to a possible allergic reaction. I've also now finished up my second round of prednisone and I'm still doing the heavy-duty antihistimine at night and Zyrtek during the day.

The good news? The rash is a lot better. It's still not 100% gone, but it got much better with this round of treatment than it did last time. And it continues to get better, so that's a good sign.

The bad news? Or rather, the news I wasn't expecting? Coming off of an antidepressant can make you feel like you have a nasty bout of the flu. I expected to have some emotional issues, and a little bit of an adjustment period. What I've been dealing with for the last few days is exhaustion (which is also probably due to the antihistimine), headaches, sweating and chills, dizzyness, and nausea. Good times. Plus, my sleep schedule is completely messed up right now. I'm sleeping in the middle of the day and up at 3:00 AM. It's totally weird. But, each day is slightly better than the one before, so I'm hopeful that I'll be back to work tomorrow and that things will continue to go on the upswing.

Then I'll really be able to tell how my emotional state is for all of this. I can say that I'm very thankful for the rash to finally be going away. Having half your body covered in an itchy, painful rash is no picnic either. On with the great experiment...

No comments: