Saturday, January 17, 2009

Makes sense

...in an alternate universe. Jennifer Lopez said that she didn't wear her wedding ring to the Golden Globes because it didn't go with her dress. Ummm. It's a wedding ring. The point is that it's the symbol of your love and commitment to your partner, not a fashion statement. Personally, I think that she was feeling ignored by the press covering other celebrity couples, and decided to do something to bring the attention back on herself. I don't know why, but she really irks me for no particular reason.

Plenty of married people manage to wear their rings despite the fact that they might not "go" with their outfit at the time. And, if there ever was a time to wear an 8.5 carat sparkler like J. Lo's ring, it would probably be when you're dressed to the nines for the Golden Globes. I mean, you think my ring matches my outfit when I head to the gym in my pony tail and sweats?

Actually, my jeweler got after me for wearing my ring while weight training because the bar makes little dings in the metal, so I have taken to putting it on a chain when I work out. But it still feels weird when I don't have it on. Right before L. and I got married, I had to leave my engagement ring with our jeweler to have it fit with the wedding band. The whole time I'd forget that I didn't have it on and freak out thinking that I'd lost it somewhere. It just doesn't feel right when I don't have it on.

No comments: