Friday, June 20, 2008

Irritated

Do you ever get in a mood where literally every little thing irritates you, no matter how big or small? I'm in that mood today. I can hardly contain myself it seems. It all comes down to this process of buying the house and the irritation I have over every little hoop. Unfortunately, because a lot of people in the past were not responsible with their mortgages and the mortgage industry itself ran amok, L, and I are having to deal with all sorts of different options to try and buy this house. This is despite the fact that we're actually putting 5% down on the house, both have awesome credit scores, both have very established accounts and responsible payment histories, and oh yeah - no revolving debt. Yet, every day now we're receiving emails and calls from our mortgage broker about new rules from lenders in order to get a loan, and we constantly have to fax information over to her to satisfy these ludacris requirements. It's friggin' ridiculous, and it's enough to have completely dissolved my excitement over even getting the house in the first place. I should add that the whole negotiation process with the sellers in the beginning was ridiculous, too, and we almost walked away before they agreed to give in on something for which we absolutely wouldn't budge in the inspection. So, we were already annoyed over that. Now the loan process just adds on to that initial bad taste we had in our mouths over the negotiation process.

L. and I talked for awhile about everything tonight, and God love him, he tried to calm me down. But when I get into this highly irritated state, there's really no pulling me out of it. When our realtor emailed tonight to let us know that the sellers can't meet this weekend so that we can look over the fixes, learn about how a few of the things work, etc. I about lost it. I feel like we've been trying to work along with everyone this whole time and we keep coming up against a wall and then another wall. And when I get to this point, then I'm just done trying to work with anyone on it. At this point, it's my way or the highway. So, L. may have to go to the house sometime during the week to take a look at things on his own because I already have something going every night after work next week, and we have a family wedding next weekend for which we need to pitch in and do a lot of work.

I tried to take some of my aggression out during my squash game tonight with J., but it only helped temporarily. At this point, I can only hope that my excitement returns after we close on the house. Because as it is now, I'm completely pissed off by the whole process and I'm really regretting the whole thing. Ugh!

1 comment:

Ability Capital said...

I'm sooooo glad my hubby shielded me from all of this when we bought our place or I would have been in the same boat as you. I found out about a lot of it afterwards and that was enough!! Try taking a looooong walk and see if that helps. ;)