Thursday, March 13, 2008

Week 8 recap

I'm down 3.5 pounds this week. So, minus the one pound that I gained the week before, I'm now down a total of 21 pounds since starting the 20/20 program. I think the most frustrating thing is that as you become more active and eat well regularly, your body starts getting used to everything and it becomes harder to lose weight. I'm not scoffing at where I'm at so far, but it's definitely getting harder as time goes on.

So, it was time to shake things up a bit this week and change the routine. J. took me into the "scary" room in the gym...the room where the serious weight lifters train with free weights and benches. I'm a bit of a fish out of water in there, but he's got me doing some new weight exercises and some modified push ups, pull ups, and dips. Thank goodness he helped me stretch out well on Wednesday evening, since I'm always pretty sore after we increase intensity and switch things up. Goodness only knows what kind of crazy stuff he dreams up for my session tomorrow.

And, dare I say it...I'm seeing definition in my abs. There's definitely that nice little parenthesis shape starting, which is exciting. Nothing like nice abs...

No comments: