Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Cough, cough, sniff

Sick...everyone around me has been sick recently, so I suppose my time was coming. Since I started the 20/20 program, I've definitely been a lot healthier and made it through January and February relatively unscathed. I had a slight flu-like thing for a couple of days but nothing that kept me out of work or down for very long.

Yesterday, I woke up and was pretty tired, and had some head congestion and a bloody nose. So, I slept in a little bit. Once I got up and took a shower, I started feeling better, so I headed into work and worked late last night to make up for the couple of morning hours that I took to rest up. Then last night, I went into the gym and did a half an hour of cardio but I didn't really push it.

Today, I woke up and was definitely worse. My head was stuffy and my throat was irritated. I decided to call in sick this morning, and worked this afternoon from home for a bit before the nausea set in. So, I finally decided to give in and cancel my training appointment. I could probably push through with a head cold, but nausea and stomach problems? No way. No one wants to see me puke all over the cardio theater.

I emailed my nutritionist to see what I can eat, since my usual sick diet would include many things not on plan (including chicken noodle soup, tea with honey, 7-Up, and crackers). She emailed me a recipe for program-friendly chicken soup, and some other things that I can eat to help me get better. I just wish that I actually felt hungy. I know that I need to get up and make the soup, but it seems like so much work right now.

OK, enough whining. I should make my way into the kitchen and start making the soup...

No comments: