Sunday, February 04, 2007

New computer specs

I've been asked for some specs on my new machine, so here they are:

Dell Inspiron E1505
Processor: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo T7200 (2.00GHz, 4MB L2 Cache, 667MHz FSB)
Display: 15.4 inch UltraSharp™ Wide Screen SXGA+ Display with TrueLife™
Memory: 2GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHZ, 2 DIMM
Video Card: 256MB ATI MOBILITY™ RADEON® X1400 HyperMemory™
Hard Drive: 80GB 5400rpm SATA Hard Drive
Network Card and Modem: Integrated 10/100 Network Card and Modem
CD/DVD: 24X CD Burner/DVD Combo Drive
Sound: Integrated Audio
Wireless Networking Cards: Dell Wireless 1390b/g (54Mbps)
Primary Battery 85 WHr 9-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery

I didn't worry too much about the hard drive b/c I use an external drive anyway. And I have an external CD burner that's really fast so I didn't care about that either.

I think that I'll have a lot of fun playing around with pictures and videos on my new computer. I got some fun photo and video editing software (Microsoft Image Suite Plus), so it will be cool to see what that's like. My current computer, while pretty awesome about 3 years ago, is now slow and not so great at the multimedia stuff. So, I think it will be perfect for work programs like Office, and a few authoring tools. Once my new computer comes, I'll rebuild this one and just install XP and Office 2003 on it again. My new computer will have Vista Ultimate and Office Ultimate. Wheeee!

4 comments:

Author said...

I have no idea what that means. If you could, just dumb it down for me in the form of ratings of "good," "pretty good," "kick-ass," and "whack-ass awesome."

I'm getting an Xbox 360 and selling virtual gold coins to World of Warcraft nerds. I'll make millions!

gcb said...

I have pretty much the same laptop, except with a DVD-RW drive and faster hard drive. So far so good...have been running some intensive numerical code on it with out problems.

ar_kay_tee said...

Right on :) I'm glad that you like your computer so far. I love my current Dell, but as a pointed out, it's getting a little old and has a bit of a personality. I think that laptops tend to get more abuse than desktops, so I'm buying a new one sooner than I would normally. But, that's OK.

Oh, and for the specs - the processor, display, memory, and video card are pretty much maxed out for what's available for the machine. Overall, they're kick-ass, but the display is whack-ass awesome :) The options below that are good but not necessarily big upgrades or anything. So they rate around the pretty good range.

Author said...

Quite specly.

I was thinking about getting an Xbox 360, but I may just upgrade what I already have in a PC. Probably cost less and be more useful.

What's so whack-ass awesome about your display?