Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Got it!

My new computer came today, and it's totally awesome. If I'd felt better (I'm feeling under the weather), I'd have actually done more with it. As it is, I did the initial setup stuff, installed updates, and got it connected to my network so I play around with it.

It's really fast, and I love the display. I got the super-wide display option, so I can see a lot at one time even though it's only a 15-inch screen. The colors and resolution are really nice.

Anyway, I'll probably end up rebuilding this machine from scratch, by installing Vista Ultimate and Office Ultimate (since it only came w/ Vista Home Premium and MS Works). That way it will get rid of all of the factory-installed crap that I don't want or need, and will allow me to configure everything the way that I want it. And, I'll get all of my files that I want on this machine copied over from my external drive. So, I have a little work ahead of me, but it will be worth it. Once all of that is done, I'll rebuild my old machine for work. Everything in due time.

2 comments:

gcb said...

Yeah, I nuked all the Dell crap off my laptop when I got it too. Reformatted the hard drive as well.

Has Dell called you yet about upgrading your warranty? If not, expect a call...

ar_kay_tee said...

Nope, haven't heard from them yet. I hate sales calls...