Friday, February 02, 2007

Bill Gates puts the smack down on Apple

This is a great Newsweek article: Finally, Vista Makes Its Debut. Now What?

This is my favorite part, when Gates was asked about Apple's ads suggesting that you need surgery to upgrade:
"Well, certainly we've done a better job letting you upgrade on the hardware than our competitors have done. You can choose to buy a new machine, or you can choose to do an upgrade. And I don't know why [Apple is] acting like it’s superior. I don't even get it. What are they trying to say? Does honesty matter in these things, or if you're really cool, that means you get to be a lying person whenever you feel like it? There's not even the slightest shred of truth to it."

I'm glad that he took aim at those ads. I'm still bugged by the one where the PC is sick and the Apple says that it doesn't get viruses. Excuse me? A quick google search, and I beg to differ. Yes, it is rarer than on PCs, but that doesn't mean that Apple is somehow exempt from the world of exploits. Blech.

I don't hate Apple. I think that they have a place in the world, and I do love my iPod. Although, I about threw it out the window this morning after having yet another problem with iTunes and my iPod synchronizing. I just love unspecified errors...the mystery...the romance. Not.

Is there a Zune in my future?

No comments: