Wednesday, August 30, 2006

What's up with the long wait list for the dermatologist?

So, I have this spot on my nose that keeps breaking out, and I decided that I should probably get it looked at. Third time is the charm in my book. I've had lots of pimples in my life, because I happen to have oily skin (thanks to my parents). But, I've never had a pimple go away and then come right back again a few times in a row. I've also never had one that hurts b/c it's just burried. Maybe it's just the particular spot on my nose, but I can definitely tell that it's there.

After talking with a friend who had a similar problem, she said she finally had to go to a dermatologist to get it taken care of. So, I got a few recommendations from people I know and all of the dermatologists were booked until early to mid October. I guess business must be good for the skin doctors. So, I have to hope that this darned thing will go away again so that I don't have to live with it until my appointment. And then hopefully the doc can do some test to figure out what the heck is going on.

I never really thought I'd have to go to a dermatologist for anything, unless I found something weird going on with a mole or something. But, it's probably a good time to go and figure out how to take good care of my skin so that I age well and don't end up with skin cancer or something.

Now, I just need to make a dentist appointment. Ugh.

No comments: