Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Shoe woes

As many a friend has pointed out, I have a wonderful collection of shoes. Tonight, L. and I went through every pair and I got rid of a few that I just never wear or that have inflicted their last blister on my poor feet. (And yes, I have a fabulous boyfriend to sit with me while I go through my shoe collection, no matter how boring it is to him - God bless that man!). However, there are a few pairs that I continue to keep and even wear, despite the fact that they end up killing my feet by the end of the day. Dumb, I know, but there is just something about heels that can make one's attitude quite spicy.

In any case, I always wondered how stars, such as Sarah Jessica Parker, could constantly wear such strappy heels and not want to cut their feet off at the end of the day. I was happy to see the comment in this picture gallery that even she admits that the Manolo Blahnik and Jimmy Choo shoes have wreaked havok on her feet. So, it's not just me! Thank God.

I can say that I've been a big fan of the recent trend in flat shoes, even though I still go gaga over the heels in the shoe store. But, now that I intersperse flats and heels, things seem to be getting a little bit better. I just hope that designers continue to make cute flats for those of us who have done such damage to our feet by wearing adorable heels.

No comments: