Friday, June 10, 2005

Awful Web sites

So, I'm in the market for a couple of toy poodles. I've been googling to come up with some breeders in my area, and I've also got some recommendations from various sources.

In all of the sites I've seen, I have yet to come across one that I think is well done. Most have ridiculous backgrounds, hideous colors, poor navigation, awful grammar and spelling, and some even play horrible MIDI tunes. There's little worse than having to wade through all of that crap just to figure out if you have a litter of puppies, especially when you're charging hundreds of dollars for each dog.

If you are the owner of one of these sites, please do all of us a favor and think about the design of your site. This advice is really for anyone designing a site, but I've come to notice the dog sites in particular due to my recent search activities.

If you need some help, check out Vincent Flanders' Web site for some tips.

2 comments:

Author said...

Check this one out, too:

http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail51.html

ar_kay_tee said...

Perfect! Thanks for the additional tips :)