Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Moved in

Well, we're finally all moved into the new house. It was an incredibly busy weekend, and thank goodness L.'s step dad and my sister came to help us with the move. I don't know what we'd have done without them.

Of course, as with any new place, we're trying to figure out all of the kinks like switches that seem to do nothing and various little things that need fixing. Our front door knob kind of imploded inside the door, so L. and his dad spent a good amount of time trying to recover the hardware inside and then put it back together. The sellers did some random things to make the house appear better, but they didn't always do the work well. For instance, they didn't install the towel bar in the bathroom with sheetrock anchors, so that promptly crashed to the floor and will need to be redone. We also had a dickens of a time replacing some light bulbs in a couple of the light fixtures, which are ugly IKEA fixtures that make absolutely no sense. That's high up on the list for replacement.

I picked out two nice paint colors for the bedroom, and we found some curtains and a curtain rod that will go nicely with the furniture in there. We plan to start working on that in the next few days and finish up over the weekend so that we can get the bedroom all put together.

We need to get all of the kitchen stuff put away soon, too, or I won't be able to fit into my new jeans any longer. All of this eating out hasn't been so good for the waistline, so this is my last week of eating whatever. I've kept up with the workouts, and of course with moving boxes and climbing stairs over and over has been good. So, I haven't changed a lot but it's still not a good pattern and I need to get back on board with my diet so that I can get off that last 15-20 pounds.

1 comment:

lonmowerman said...

Was a great thing your mom & stepdad stopped by to help out too! Luv, --L.