Friday, April 04, 2008

Week 11 recap

I missed doing a recap last week due to a lack of time for posting my progress. So, I'll just lump weeks 10 and 11 together into this post.

In total, I'm now down 29 pounds. I also got updated measurements done. This the is change since starting the 20/20 Lifestyles program 11 weeks ago:
Chest girth: -2.25"
Waist girth: -3.5"
Hips girth: -3"
Bicep girth: -1"
Thigh girth: -2.75"
Body Mass Index (BMI): -3.5

There are a couple of important milestones from the last check-in with my doctor. First, I'm under 30 BMI now. I've also lost over 10% of my body mass since starting the program. My waist measurement is now safely below the 35" mark, which is a big indicator of heart disease and other problems.

So, all in all, very good progress. I can't believe that I'm going into my 12th week already. Time has just flown by! I'm doing the 16-week program, so I'm getting a little antsy and trying to figure out whether I want to extend it to the 20-week program or not. I need to decide soon. It will cost quite a bit more money if I want to extend it. But I still have about 25-30 pounds left to lose until I hit my goal weight.

Of course, after I finish the 16-week program, I still have 12 weeks in maintenance phase. And many people continue to lose weight in the maintenance phase. But I'm worried about going from having the personal training 3 times a week to twice a week. Although I'm doing well at getting in exercise at least 5 days a week or more now, I'm definitely pushed harder when I workout with J. And those are the days that I get the weight training in, which I'm definitely not as good at pushing myself on when I workout on my own. There's something about having your trainer there to push you along and cheer you on when you think you're going to fall to the floor. I dunno.

No comments: