Thursday, July 26, 2007

A severe case of the butter fingers

I appear to have a severe case of the butter fingers lately. I mean, I'm usually a little uncoordinated at any given time - tripping over non-existent things or accidentally whacking my boyfriend with my purse when I'm getting out of the car. But lately, things have gotten pretty bad.

Just now (at lunch), I was cutting up my rice krispy treat so that I could actually fit a portion of it into my mouth (as the ones from our cafeteria are ginormous). As I was cutting said treat, it flew right off my desk and onto the floor. At least it didn't imitate the meatball song and roll right out the door. But, I digress.

A couple of days ago, L. and I got drinks and biscotti at Starbucks. With my first bite, I was wearing a large cloud of biscotti dust all over my nice white shirt. After I had eaten about 2/3 of the biscotti, it just slipped right out of my hand and crumbled in a mess in front of the garbage can.

And this last weekend, I finally had to come up with a different method for peeling potatoes, because inevitably I'd always drop one in the garbage can while peeling it. And much to L.'s chagrin, I'd never go into the garbage to save the poor potato and give it a good washing, because EWWWWWW. We have very different standards on this. I decided that I'd peel the potatoes over a cutting board on the counter. At least that way, the potato only falls into a pile of peelings. And if you wonder why I don't peel over the sink, it's because I've clogged way too many a garbage disposal/sink drain with potato peels.

Let's see...what else? At the end of our last meal in Chicago, I accidentally bumped the table and spilled my water all over the place. Yesterday, I stepped on the back of my friend's flip flop causing us to both go off balance momentarily. I also whacked my elbow on my bed frame while dusting my room, and I still have a bit of a bruise there. All kinds of random things in the last week or so. The universe must be trying to tell me something.

2 comments:

Author said...

Next time we hang out, I'm driving.

ar_kay_tee said...

Sounds good. We should get together soon :)

To add to my sorry story, I knocked over a few boxes of shoes tonight at Fred Meyer. Good times...