Monday, April 10, 2006

Car annoyances

I'm fairly annoyed with my car lately. Ever since I was rear-ended before Thanksgiving, it's been making some strange rattling noises. The repair shop replaced the exhaust system and the bumper, but there is still something going on. The other day, I had the hood open and shifted the gears around while L. took a look at the engine...turns out that the whole engine is moving when I go between reverse and drive. So, I need to take it to the dealer and see what they say. Last time I took it in (due to a very serious service-needed light), I ended up paying almost $900 for a cleaning of my clogged fuel filters, and servicing of the brakes and steering. I'm not looking forward to this next visit, but I suppose I'll have this car for at least the rest of this year, so it'd probably be good to ensure that it continues running smoothly. I hate cars...or at least the whole servicing of cars. But, I'm one of those people who refuses to get out of her car and onto a bus, so I suppose that's the price that I pay...along with the sudden raise in fuel prices this last weekend.

No comments: