Thursday, April 20, 2006

Bathroom woes

Is it that hard to actually get a paper towel into a waste paper basket in the bathroom? Almost every time I walk into the women's restroom at work, I find paper towels on the floor. Now, if the garbage can was a bazillion feet away from the door, I might be able to understand the difficulty because I, too, use the paper towel to grab the door handle on my way out. However, the garbage can is right next to the door. It can't possibly be that hard - no one has arms that short. And the issue isn't that the garbage can is overflowing, either. It absolutely baffles me.

And, as I've mentioned in previous posts, I really hate it when people don't wash their hands after going to the bathroom. I get really grossed out when I hear someone flush, and then walk right out the door. I don't care how good you are - you simply can't use the toilet without touching something that I'm sure others don't want to touch. I realize I might sound really anal about this, and I guess I should just own up to the fact that I am really anal about that. So there. I may be anal, but you won't find me spreading urine and feces around.

It's also really gross when you hear someone walk out the door without flushing. What's that all about? I had a friend in grade school whose family lived by the motto, "if it's yellow, let it mellow; if it's brown, flush it down." I hated going to the bathroom at her house, and would always flush before and after I used the toilet because I simply couldn't deal. I suppose for guys it's not such a big deal, but sometimes girls have to deal with a little splash. But, that's one thing if you, as a family unit, agree to live by. It's a completely different story at work. Just flush.

Whew. This has been weighing on me for awhile. Glad to get that off of my chest.

No comments: