Sunday, February 28, 2010

I can relate...kind of

First case of popcorn lung outside of factory workers. Poor guy... I can relate to the love of popcorn, although I have an old-fashioned air popper and tend to indulge mostly on weekends or at the movies. I'm not quite into the heavy usage category this guy qualified for.

Best section:
Rose, who has consulted with the popcorn and flavoring industry for the past four years, was surprised to see in the Centennial man's lungs some of what she saw among factory workers.

"So I turned to him and apologized and said, 'This is a really weird question, ... but are you around a lot of popcorn?' His jaw dropped, and he said, 'How did you know to ask me that? I am popcorn."'

"He described himself as a two-pack-a-day user. Sometimes more," Rose said. "He bought it in cases."

Originally saw this on The Old New Thing.

2 comments:

Natiielee said...

oiie , participa do meu blog ! bjo

Author said...

I feel sorry for this guy but this is really funny.