Thursday, November 15, 2007

Humbling experience

There are few things in my life that humble me more than changing jobs. This is my second week in my new position, and things are going well. But it is a sure reminder of how little I really know and how much I have to learn on this new team.

One thing that I can say is that this team is extremely organized, and incredibly friendly and helpful. I have my computers setup now, thanks in part to their wonderful knowledge base of instructions for literally everything you need to know. And people have stopped by my office all week to introduce themselves, invite me to lunch, training, or classes that I might be interested in, etc.

My manager took our team out to lunch last Friday, and we had a great time. It was nice to get to know more about the people on the team.

Overall, I'm really happy with everything, and excited to learn. I'll just be a lot more comfortable when I have a little more knowledge under my belt.

No comments: